COD NEXT: Incoming Changes to Warzone (Including a New Map) Announced
Warzone, the third and final protagonist of the COD NEXT livestreamed from Los Angeles, has finally revealed everything coming up in the new journey that will start with the arrival of Modern Warfare 3.
For Battle Royale (BR) enthusiasts, there are plenty of exciting updates in the pipeline, starting with the fact that the entire movement department will be identical to that of Modern Warfare 3. This means we can expect faster movement, the return of mechanics like slide canceling, and the ability to aim much more quickly.
Once the game is available and integrated with MW3, we’ll have access to the Urzikstan map, as well as Ashika Island and Vondel.
News COD NEXT for WARZONE
As for game modes, at launch, we will have BR, Resurgence, and Plunder. Speaking of gameplay updates, besides everything else, we know that in the upcoming Warzone:
- The Ghost perk will only work while we are moving.
- STIMs will speed up our movement – Video
- Red dots will return to the minimap.
- Ammunition will be separated in the backpack.
- Gas masks will be equipped manually.
- Everyone will have a pistol as a third weapon for shooting underwater.
- Tear gas grenades can be “countered” by gas masks.
- Three new perks have been added. The first allows us to throw a smoke grenade when we are down; the second provides greater movement speed and less damage from gas; the third increases our movement speed after taking damage.
- In Urzikstan, there will be a newly designed train that will be physically driven (and change speed) based on player decisions.
- The return of the Countdown map in the new Urzikstan has been confirmed.
- The new Gulag will be a very basic 3-lane map – Video
- New user interface – Video
Preview of Urzikst
Get the squad back together – here’s your first look at Urzikstan, an urban battleground and the latest Call of Duty #Warzone map coming with Season 01 of #MW3 in December 🏙️🏝️⛰️ #CODNext pic.twitter.com/ZCqrLo7N69
— Call of Duty @ #CODNext (@CallofDuty) October 5, 2023
Where to Watch the Livestream?
You may also be interested in: