Coronavirus, Dreamhack: cancellati gli eventi del 2020WhatsApp
Stoccolma (SVEZIA) – L’organizzazione del Dreamhack decide di cancellare gran parte degli eventi originariamente confermati per il 2020 da Maggio a Settembre. La decisione è stata presa per una abbondanza di precauzione dovuta a l’attuale emergenza mondiale Coronavirus e in base ai dettagli forniti dalle organizzazioni sanitarie locali.
Il team sta, però, valutando nuove date nel 2021 per tutti gli eventi cancellati. Rimangono confermati tutti gli appuntamenti da Ottobre 2020 a Dicembre 2020 come pianificati. Seguiranno, qualora dovesse cambiare qualcosa, ulteriori comunicazioni e aggiornamenti.
Coronavirus, Dreamhack: Il comunicato ufficiale
- DreamHack Valencia — originally scheduled for July 3-5, 2020, will now take place October 8-12, 2020.
- DreamHack Dallas — originally scheduled for May 2020 (and postponed to August 2020), will now take place in 2021.
- DreamHack Summer — originally scheduled for June 2020 (and postponed to August 2020), will now take place in 2021.
- DreamHack Montreal — originally scheduled for September 2020, will now take place in 2021.
The remaining festivals for Q4 of 2020 are currently scheduled to take place as planned:
- DreamHack Rotterdam — October 16-18, 2020
- DreamHack Hyderabad — October 30-November 1, 2020
- DreamHack Atlanta — November 13-15, 2020
- DreamHack Winter — November 27-29, 2020
- DreamHack Madrid — December 11-13, 2020
DreamHack’s festivals will continue to feature everything gaming under one roof and will feature pro esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring your own computer (BYOC) LAN party, freeplay area, influencer appearances, cosplay championship, panels, art, activities, expo, film screenings, live music and more.
DreamHack Co-CEO Marcus Lindmark:
“The goal for all of us at DreamHack is to provide great experiences at our events, which thrive by bringing communities together for these shared and beloved festival weekends all around the globe. This was not an easy decision. We have never had to postpone events like this before — but these are extraordinary times, and the safety of our staff and attendees has never been more important than now.”
DreamHack Chief Product Officer Michael Van Driel
“We at DreamHack stay committed to providing our fans and followers with great experiences, even if it needs to be in an alternate format for now. In order to bring these events to our fans, DreamHack’s tournaments are now being moved online — it was important to allow these tournaments to still be played, which provides esports players with great opportunities while also giving viewers entertaining esports to enjoy from all around the world.”
For everyone who has purchased a ticket to DreamHack Summer, DreamHack Dallas, DreamHack Valencia, or DreamHack Montreal, read more about how you are affected on the following links:
- DreamHack Summer: dreamhack.com/summer
- DreamHack Dallas: dreamhack.com/dallas
- DreamHack Valencia: dreamhack.es/valencia/comunicado-oficial
- DreamHack Montreal: dreamhack.com/montreal
Esports events moved online
DreamHack Open (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
Originally meant to be hosted at the Valencia, Montreal, and Hyderabad festivals, these DreamHack Open stops will be moved to an online format under the name DreamHack Open Summer in order to fulfill our promise of bringing the CS:GO community the world’s best action. All tournaments will still each offer a $100,000 prize pool, and will add an additional day of matches to ensure all matches are played with a best-of-three format. The affected stops are:
- DreamHack Open Valencia — Moved to an online format and turned into a regional European tournament, with an additional day of matches. The tournament will run July 2-5, 2020.
- DreamHack Open Montreal — Moved to an online format and turned into a regional North American tournament, with an additional day of matches. Dates are being finalized for this tournament with the intention to host it in a similar time period to the regional European tournament (replacing DreamHack Open Valencia).
- DreamHack Open Hyderabad — Moved to an online format and split into two regional tournaments for Asia and Oceania, with an additional day of matches. The prize pool of $100,000 will be split between the two regions. Dates are being finalized for this tournament, with the intention to host it close to the regional European tournament replacing DreamHack Open Valencia.
DreamHack StarCraft II Masters and DreamHack Warcraft 3 Open
All DreamHack Starcraft 2 Masters and DreamHack Warcraft 3 Open stops of 2020 will be moved online, including the previously-announced stops at DreamHack Valencia, DreamHack Summer, DreamHack Dallas, DreamHack Rotterdam, and DreamHack Montreal. DreamHack is working together with ESL on a redesigned ESL Pro Tour for both Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 which is soon to be revealed for fans.
Northern League of Legends Championship (NLC)
The inaugural season of the NLC will see its finals, originally scheduled for DreamHack Summer, moved to the Monster Energy DreamHack Studio in Stockholm, Sweden. DreamHack will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation and will share changes to an online format if necessary.
Magic: The Gathering Arena
We are currently exploring all viable options together with Wizards of the Coast and will provide more information as soon as possible. We at DreamHack value the Magic community and look forward to bringing future tournaments to all its fans.